Monday, July 7, 2014

The Strand Experience: A hair lounge in Hyde Park

Adelaide's hottest new salon launched in style last Friday and Saturday. Invited guests were pampered with hair treatments, celebrity style blow outs, delicious bites from King William Road cafes and French champagne. The red carpet was rolled out and as we walked in we felt like true celebrities....


The interior has such a beautiful calming yet cool personality with exposed brick walls, fresh flowers, leather chairs and candles alight 

I attended the launch along with my sister, Susan (from Fashion Adventurer) and Emily (from Adelaide Style File). We each had a hair stylist and were given the option of choosing from a range of celebrity hair styles. I went for the 'Bingle Beach Waves' (inspired by Lara Bingle).


My hair was washed (including a hair treatment and an amazing head massage), blow dried, and then styled using a hair straightner. My stylist for the day was the owner of The Strand; Heidi Jehle. 
I was so happy with how Heidi went through each of the steps with me and even went the extra mile of showing me how to get the perfect relaxed waves!


Once my hair was done, I went and had a look at how the other girls were going. How beautiful do the curls look in their hair (as seen below)!


So, here is my before and after look. I have always loved the look of relaxed waves on short hair but I could never get it right myself, and therefore just thought it didn't look good, but now I am inspired to try this look again!


We had such a fun, girly day out. The Strand really went above and beyond to make sure we were looked after, it was such a nice feeling that we could relax while being pampered. We all agreed that we would definitely go back for the Strand experience. 


Below is a photo of myself with Heidi. As I was getting my hair done I asked her about her life as a hair dresser and this new venture, here's what she shared with me:


"I have a passion for hair dressing! I started my first salon, La Tease in Blakes Crossing 2 years ago and I managed a salon for 5 years previously. It is stressful but exciting to buy my own salon, since I was little I wanted to own a shop and I wanted to be a hairdresser.

I don't have any hairdressers in my family but my mum is a make up artist, and both mum and grandma have natural talent for doing hair but did not pursue it as a career.

I wanted to open a salon that has a different concept, which provides a service where every customer who comes in will feel like they are getting the celebrity treatment.

At the moment at the Strand we have 2 hair stylists and a concierge, the concierge is in place to provide customers with whatever they require as they are getting their hair done.

My hopes with the Strand are to create a movement in Adelaide with hairdressing, as well as set up more Strands around Adelaide.

Career highlights so far include opening 2 salons, styling Lisa Emmanuel's hair and styling for the advertiser. 

For those wanting to get into the Hairdressing industry, I will say that it is not easy, there are more downs than ups, but if it's your passion, follow it!"



Thankyou so much to The Strand for pampering us, if you want to be pampered by The Strand, check them out!

http://www.thestrandexperience.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment