Monday, July 14, 2014

Beauty Spot: Arbonne Mineral Powder Foundation

I was recently sent the Arbonne Mineral Powder to try out. I was so excited to try it because I have never actually tried a powder foundation before. I usually use foundations which have a moose of liquid consistency. 

The Arbonne Mineral Powder Foundation packaging looks like this....

 

I really like the sleek design, it's just cool to look at and it's the perfect size that could fit in a handbag nicely.  


 After trying it I realised that a little goes a long way! The way I applied it was with a large buffing brush. I tapped the brush into the powder and buffed it into my skin. Once I did this I went outside to take a photo of my skin in natural light, which made me realise I should have primed first or placed this mineral powder over a more wet foundation. I have large pores and my skin has been getting extremely dry for some reason, so the powder seemed to be showing of my large pores and dry skin patches (as you can see from the photo below....



I then decided to clean my face and do what I should have done in the first place, I primed my face and then applied the powder. This time it worked so much better, as you can see below. My skin looked smoother and felt so much better!


 I have to admit, I definitely need more practice with applying powder but I think it will be one of my new good friends!

Let me know if you use a mineral powder foundation, have you tried the Arbonne one?

4 comments:

  1. I use Nude mineral powder on top of my liquid foundation for extra coverage when I'm going out..stays on all night :) will have to give arbonne a try. love their stuff!

    bon x
    www.bowiebowie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I've heard a lot about the nude one, I've just never really thought to trying one, this has got me intrigued 😊 defs try it and let me know if you like it!

      Delete
  2. I am absolutely in love with this foundation! So natural yet gives such good coverage for a mineral foundation!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's great to hear Sheri! Yea it definitely gives good coverage :)

      Delete